Positive affirmations are everywhere, they are the positive quotes you see all over social media. The ones that typically start with “I am”.
But what really are these positive quotes that can transform your mind, thoughts, and reality? And can they really change anything?
What are affirmations?
To start with, they are more than just positive quotes to make you feel good.
Affirmations are positive statements that will challenge your limiting beliefs, your negative thoughts and start making you believe in the statement.
They are statements that are intended to be repeated so that they uplift you when you say them.
There’s some science behind how to create a positive affirmation. If a statement doesn’t follow this method it won’t be registered in your brain and the Universe won’t acknowledge your statement.
- The statement has to be in the present tense. (Do not use I will, I’m going to…)
- The statement must only contain positive words. (Do not use don’t, can’t, won’t…)
- The statements need to be said as a fact or truth. (Do not use could, might…)
Why would I use affirmations?
The reason behind why thousands of people are sharing, saying and loving these positive statements is because it lifts them up.
Affirmations help you raise your confidence, help transform your self beliefs and control your negative feelings.
A lot of the time affirmations can feel uncomfortable to say. They feel like a lie.
This is why for a lot of people affirmations become ineffective, because repeating something that feels like a lie isn’t something you want to do, and so you’ll either stop repeating it or change the statement to not fit the method mentioned above.
But, the uncomfortable nature of affirmations, because they feel as if it’s not true, is why they work so damn well! Why? Because if you are repeating a statement about yourself, your situation, your life, that you feel isn’t true and is uncomfortable, you’ll want to fix it.
When you find an affirmation that makes you feel tense, squirm with discomfort, this is a sign that this is the perfect one for you!
How do I use affirmations effectively?
It’s pretty simple on how you can use affirmations effectively, and it won’t require much time on your side.
Firstly, when you are choosing a positive statement you need to analyze your thoughts and beliefs, get deep, understand what you would like to change in your own life, you work and every day.
Once you have decided what you would like to change, for example, your finances, you choose/come up with an affirmation statement. The statement is the opposite of what you are feeling right now, it is the opposite of your current reality. This is because you are working towards attracting your desires (the statement) into your life.
Now you have chosen a statement, what do you do with it?
Affirmations must be repeated regularly to see success and a transformation. You might feel like it’s a waste of time to repeat these statements, but there’s magic in repetition.
When you do something for the first time your brain learns the skill, but it hasn’t perfected it, it can be quite awkward, you might feel like you need a couple attempts to perfect the skill.
That’s the same with affirmations.
Every time you say the statement, your brain is strengthened to the thought and idea of that becoming the truth. The Universe accepts that you want this to be your reality.
I recommend saying you positive affirmations 20 times, 3 times a day. I like to practice in the mirror so I can see myself and connect with the statement personally.
80 Powerful Statements
- “I am extremely passionate about constantly being better and more successful”
- “I know exactly what to do to achieve success”
- “I am energetic and enthusiastic. Confidence is my second nature”
- “I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions”
- “I have the power to create change”
- “I trust myself, I believe in me and I have confidence in myself”
- “I will not compare myself to strangers on the Internet”
- “Others look up to me as a leader because of my confidence”
- “Many people look up to me and recognize my worth; I am admired”
- “My potential to succeed is limitless”
- “I am enthusiastic about every second of my life”
- “I am worthy of all the good life has to offer, and I deserve to be successful”
- “I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful”
- “I’m doing my best and that is enough”
- “The universe is filled with endless opportunities for me”
- “I wake up every morning ready for a new day of exciting possibilities”
- “My thoughts are filled with positivity and my life is plentiful with prosperity”
- “I am surrounded by positive, supportive people who believe in me”
- “I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends”
- “I am reaching my full potential”
- “Every day I discover interesting and exciting new paths to pursue”
- “I make a significant difference to the lives of people around me”
- “I am committed to achieving success in every area of my life”
- “I believe that success is inevitable for me”
- “I am focused, persistent and will never quit”
- “I can achieve anything I put my mind to”
- “I’m open and receptive to all the wealth life offers me”
- “I am successful”
- “I’m free to create the life I desire”
- “By creating success for myself I am creating success and opportunities for others”
- “My obstacles are moving out of my way; my path is carved towards greatness”
- “I am grateful for all the abundance flowing into my life”
- “I celebrate each goal I accomplish with joy and gratitude”
- “I am worthy of money”
- “Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good”
- “My clients appreciate and value my work”
- “I make decisions easily”
- “I give myself permission to do what is right for me”
- “I radiate success”
- “I always attract successful people who understand and encourage me”
- “I love every day”
- “I always expect a positive outcome and I naturally attract good results”
- “I trust myself to make the right decision”
- “I have released all limiting beliefs about my ability to succeed”
- “I am aligned with the energy of abundance”
- “I instantly manifest my desires”
- “I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents”
- “I easily accomplish all of my goals”
- “I am living my passion every single day”
- “I am open-minded and always eager to explore new avenues to success”
- “I allow myself to be who I am without judgment”
- “I am creating a life of abundance and happiness”
- “I am always headed in the right direction”
- “I can feel my abundance growing daily”
- “I manifest everything I’ve ever desired”
- “I attract success by being my authentic self”
- “I am grateful for my financial success”
- “I trust that I am on the right path”
- “I am worthy of my dreams and goals”
- “My clients love to work with me”
- “The universe is filled with endless opportunities”
- “I’m proud of myself and my achievements”
- “My biggest desires are already mine”
- “Success is my birthright”
- “My business is growing, expanding & thriving”
- “I love seeing my success grow every single day”
- “The more I give, the more I receive.”
- “Every day of my life is filled with love”
- “I have the freedom and power to create the life I desire”
- “My drive and ambition allow me to achieve my goals”
- “I am living to my full potential”
- “I am successful in everything I do”
- “I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring”
- “My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless”
- “I trust that what I need is being brought to me in the highest way”
- “I have unlimited power”
- “I am in the process of positive change”
- “I am a powerful creator. I create the life I want and enjoy it”
- “I am, and always will be, enough”
- “Confidence is my birthright”
Positive affirmations are an extremely powerful tool in transforming your mindset and attracting your desires into your life. But the key to them being successful is believing in them. If you don’t believe in what you are telling yourself, then you won’t attract it.
Curious to learn more about mindset and manifestation? Check out these posts: